Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Flaring

I have Fibromyalgia. This involves sometimes near-crippling pain, fatigue, and other associated syndromes affecting my stomach and bowels and basically everything about the way I function. I have trouble some days staying awake on my feet or functioning through pain despite a great deal of prophylactic medication and a smaller amount of breakthrough medication for the worse times.

Well, I'm trying to do what's right. Exercise, they say, improves the condition of patients, and I'm in the gym at least a few days a week on top of my physically demanding job. I try to keep my diet reasonable; though I admit it hasn't been ideal, we don't really buy much junk for the house, so I'm hardly living on junk food, either.  But I'm near collapse with a full-on symptom flare lately. I often can't get out of the car by myself. I have to lighten up at the gym where I was improving. Sometimes I can't lift my bag.

I work hard at not letting this take over my life, but sometimes... It feels like it does anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment