Thursday, July 25, 2013

The heart of the matter

I want to be honest and honorable in this forum. I want to put myself out there for the world to see, and to express myself fully and honestly as a person. Is it exhibitionist of me to want to do these things? Perhaps. However, it seems a greater vice to inhibit myself on the grounds that someone may judge me based on nothing but myself. Maybe I'd be judged as a less worthy employee, or parent, or human being, based on the words I type here, because that is the modern world we live in. Couldn't I also be judged for timidity, though? Isn't dithering a sign of weakness? 

So, this is me. I don't have wild parties, or drink heavily, or lead a jet-setting lifestyle. I'm sadly boring in many ways - I read news and do brainteasers for fun. I act sometimes, but I have not had a theater group in a while, so I am not currently active in theater. It's difficult when one's work hours are irregular. I do have my issues, which I'll post more about later. Some of my loved ones do, too, and I'll anonymize them as much as possible if I post about them, or I'll get permission, or both. 

This isn't going to be all deeply personal. Maybe you'll get a post from me on something that is personal and deeply felt one day, and on another, you'll get observations on Muppets. And Chris might post his feelings on Congress not defunding the NSA (or not). One way or another, it will be a journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment